Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine Specialist
Dr. Urse is one of just a few Orthopedic specialists in Southwest Ohio who specializes in Regenerative Medicine, a cutting-edge form of treatment in Orthopedics that involves the body’s own natural healing capabilities. Your body’s platelets, drawn from blood, or stem cells, are harvested from bone marrow and are injected into your injured area(s). This has been shown to decrease inflammation and pain, and stimulate healing and speed repair for bone, muscle, joint, ligament and soft tissue injuries. Regenerative Medicine treatments can be used when other conventional forms of treatment have failed, such as cortisone or gel injections, physical therapy, or prior surgery.
Regenerative Medicine can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Osteoarthritis- from chondromalacia to ‘bone-on-bone’ wear and tear of hips, knees, and shoulders
- Tendon tears- rotator cuff, gluteus medius, and Achilles
- Ligament sprains- knee collateral (medial and lateral), patellar tendon, and elbow ulnar collateral
- Tennis elbow and bowlers’ elbow (lateral and medial epicondylitis)
- Plantar fasciitis or painful heel syndrome
- Muscle strains- hamstring/quads and calf
An initial consultation can explore individualized treatment plans, which may help avoid surgery or be used as an adjunct to a planned procedure. A determination can be made if the procedure is to be done in an office or in a hospital setting. Procedure costs will vary based upon your insurance, co-pays, deductibles, whether one or two body areas are chosen, and where your particular procedure is performed. To schedule a consultation, call 937-415-9133 and ask for Sheila. Appointments can generally be scheduled within one or two days.